Hand-held 'Pocket' Refractomter PAL-1 won the Good Design Award for the year 2003.
The PAL-1 is a completely new and redesigned digital hand-held instrument
that will change the traditional conceptions of refractometers. The PAL-1 is
equipped with the following features:
- The PAL-1 is surprisingly compact in size allowing for portability and use
indoors or outdoors. Weighing only 100g, the PAL-1 can be placed in a pocket
or hang it from your neck or belt.
- Measurements can be made easily while holding it in just one hand. The
sample stage is designed to keep sample solutions from spilling out.
- The speedy performance of the PAL-1 is amazing. Simply put a drop of a
sample on the prism surface and press the START key. The Brix value ( sugar
content/concentration ) will be displayed in just 3 seconds. With a digital
LCD display, others can view the measurement value without the worry of mis-readings
due to the subjectivity of each person ( as with traditional analog
- With its wide measurement range ( Brix 0.0 to 53.0% ) the PAL-1 works
perfectly in measuring almost any fruit juice, food, or drink, such as soup,
sauce, ketchup, tomato sauce, low-sugar jam, or marmalade.
- Protection class of the PAL-1is IP65. You can rinse off the sample by
running water on the sample stage. The design allows the user to easily wipe
off the sample.
- The Automatic Temperature Compensation function of the PAL-1 enables you
to take measurement readings regardless of the ambient temperature.
- The PAL-1 can measure high temperature samples during the heating or
( The measured Brix value will stabilize after taking a few repeated
- The PAL-1 comes with an exclusive storage case. Store the PAL-1 in the
case properly to avoid damage or lose.
to 60°C ( Automatic Temperature Compensation )
x AAA Batteries
Dust-tight and Protected against water jets.