Standard Speedy 2000
Speedy Moisture Tester for building restoration and refurbishment and solid floors
The Speedy 2000 series of moisture testers combines time proven dependability
of the pressure test procedure with the convenience of an electric balance.
Moisture measurements are obtained by following a simple test procedure:
- Prepare and weigh the material sample using the electronic balance.
- Place the sample in the Speedy vessel.
- Add the reagent to the recess in the Speedy cap and seal the vessel.
- Shake the Speedy to mix the reagent with the sample.
- Read the moisture content directly from the integral gauge.
Building Restoration and Refurbishment
Building surveyors involved with diagnosing the cause of dampness in buildings
use the Speedy tester to determine the moisture level in walls and floors. The
Speedy complements moisture meters and hygrometers that are also used for
If moisture related floor failures are to be avoided, concrete slabs,
cementitious screeds and anhydrite screeds have to be in a dry condition before
decorative floors finishes including wood, vinyl and carpet are laid. The Speedy
tester is used to to measure the moisture content of a sample of material
removed from the floor before the decorative finish is laid.
Speedy S2000 Series Specification
Standard Speedy vessel fitted with calibrated pressure gauge, electronic
balance, heavy duty carry case with fitted foam inserts, cleaning brush and
cloth, measuring scoop and instructions.
- Nominal gross weight: 5.5kg (12.1lb)
- Nominal gross dimensions: 51 x 38 x 20 cm (20 x 15 x 8 in)
- Moisture measurement range expressed as a percentage of the wet weight of
the sample: 0 - 20% (Please note that ranges 0 - 5% and 0 - 10% are also
available. Please contact us
direct for more details.)
- Sample weight: for 0 - 20% range: 6g. (For 0 - 5% range: 10g, for 0 - 10%
- Maximum sample size: 10mm (0.4 in)
Please note that the calcium carbide reagent that is used with the Speedy
testers must be ordered separately.